Today, I was thinking so much about all of this rapid change…
This I know for sure…
I know my love for my family is not changing…
My commitment to health is only increasing…
My love and commitment to my patients is not changing…
If anything, that love and commitment is ever increasing!
Our practice took a temporary pause to evaluate the changing circumstances and evaluate our safety protocols in the new environment. We will be REOPENING tomorrow, Monday, March 23rd with limited availability.
On March 21, 2020 Governor Phil Murphy excluded restrictions on “any healthcare facilities that provide medically necessary or therapeutic services” from his most recent Executive Order 108. The Order further states: “Nothing in this Order shall be construed to limit, prohibit or restrict in any way the provision of health care or medical services to members of the public.” The Governor confirmed that physical therapy services would be permitted and that “all healthcare services are considered essential.”
Our patients need us to be available now more than ever. Our patients utilize our care for the care of an acute or chronic conditions and general health support. Extended periods without care may lead to a regression in previous progress and may exacerbate a condition. Unchecked stress has the potential to aggravate such conditions and our body’s ability to adapt. Chronic stress leads to a diminished immune response. Chiropractic care has the potential to mitigate the effects of stress and strengthen the immune response.CA Report on Immune Function and Chiropractic (Click)
When we look back on this period of time, I want you to know that your chiropractic office was there for you!
On Monday, March 23, 2020 a member of our team will be calling you to reconnect and discuss your chiropractic needs. If you would like to schedule, you can also call us.
Starting on March 23rd, our office will be open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8am-12pm by appointment. This will be our “base” schedule and we will add hours to meet the demand.
We have implemented the following screening procedures and protocols to create a safe environment for our patients, team and community. These procedures have been implemented based on the recommendations of the CDC, NJDOH, ANJC.
We have taken the necessary steps to develop and implement the recommended screening procedures and protocols to ensure the office environment remains safe to all.
Here is a summary, a more detailed version of our policies and protocols can be furnished upon request.(subject to change due to the evolving situation)
1) Scheduling: Whenever possible, initial screening questions to determine COVID-19 risk will be done via phone or electronic means.
2) “Car-to-table” protocol: When you arrive for your scheduled appointments, we kindly request that you call us at 732-617-9355 to inform us that you are here. To avoid having patients and companions waiting together in our reception area, we will call you into the office. If more than one person is in the waiting room, be sure you are practicing social distancing (6-feet).
3) Temperature Screening: Upon arrival, patients will be directed to wait in a designated chair by the door prior to entering our office. The doctor will obtain a temperature reading prior to rendering care. The patient must have a temperature of 100.4 or less prior to being seen.
4) Patient Hand-washing: All patients will be instructed to wash their hands after having their temperature read. Further, we have removed all magazines and toys from our office to prevent the spreading of germs. Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap are abundant throughout our office.
5) Staff Distancing: Staff shall maintain a minimum of 6-foot distance from patients the entire time they are in the office.
6) Personal Protective Equipment: Presently, doctors will be wearing a mask and gloves when examining and caring for a patient.
6) Disinfecting tables between all patients: The doctor will disinfect equipment between each patient immediately upon them exiting the room with the approved EPA disinfectant.
7) Cleanliness: Staff is to regularly clean the common countertops, door knobs and restrooms regardless of patient volume.
8) Patient Policy 1: If you or someone in your family is currently or has experienced ANY symptoms of illness (including fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms) during the last 14 days before your scheduled appointment, please notify us as soon as possible. We will happily reschedule your appointment to a future date at least two weeks after your latest reported date of being symptom free. You will incur no additional costs or fees due to any rescheduling as a result of your health conditions.
9) Patient Policy 2: If you are advised by a health care professional to “self-quarantine” yourself due to recent travel OR potential exposure to COVID-19, OR others who have had potential exposure to the virus, please notify us as soon as possible. We will happily reschedule your appointment to a future date at least one week after the end date of your self-quarantine period. You will incur no additional costs or fees due to any rescheduling as a result of a self-quarantine situation.
10) Staff Screening: Our entire team, including the doctors, are under strict orders to monitor our own health and any potential signs or symptoms of illness. NOTE: Our schedule may need to be adjusted according to available doctor and/or team members if this situation arises.
11) We are accepting new patients and will care for any family members, friends, co-workers or neighbors who are unable to see their own chiropractor because of limited availability, we would be happy to see them for any necessary or requested care in our office, subject to appointment availability. We will also happily refer them back to their regular chiropractor after completion of their requested chiropractic care. Our purpose here is to serve others who may be in need of care.
As healthcare providers, we realize that our patients need their care. Over the years, we have provided chiropractic care to our patients during various periods of stress and uncertainty. We recognize that many find their care to be an essential service during these times. Your care helps you function for your family and work, manage stress and strengthens your resilience and immune system. You can count on us being there to serve you.
We also want to say thank you for your ongoing support and loyalty! All of us at Upper Cervical Chiropractic understand that this issue is impacting everyone. We are committed to keeping the health and well-being of our patients and communities we serve as our top priority.
Larry Arbeitman, D.C.