Conditions Helped Through Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care
Pain can be debilitating to your everyday activities, but it doesn't have to be. Some conditions you might expect to require medical interventions, shots or surgery may be solved through spinal alignment.
What Is Upper Cervical Chiropractic?
At Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Monmouth, we provide unique care related to the specific adjusting of the cervical spine and it's relationship to the central nervous system. This intricate relationship is critical to an individual's healing, health and wellness.
The Upper Cervical spinal cord is the main relay center from the brain to the body; vice-versa. Spinal misalignment — specifically, the upper cervical spine — irritates the nerves and may lead to health problems and interfere with the body's natural healing process. Nerves are vital to the body, so misalignment can affect certain bodily functions. These include:
- Blood circulation
- Muscle activation
- Sense of touch
What Is the Quantum Spinal Mechanics (QSM3) Method?
We use QSM3 spinal correction methods to provide care for spinal misalignment. Upper cervical chiropractic care focuses on correcting spinal misalignment, also called spinal subluxation. While this type of care is delivered through the cervical spine, it affects the spine as a whole.
Upper cervical care is precise and gentle and does not require the twisting and turning typically associated with traditional chiropractic care, making it ideal for sensitive patients. Upper Cervical care recognizes that there is an ideal position for the human framework. Anatomists have defined the human structure as “Tensegral”, physiologists have defined its fascial connections and function, and 25 years of research have shown the deleterious effects of bio-tensegral breakdown.
At Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Monmouth, LLC, our team of upper cervical chiropractic professionals determines the neurological and biomechanical changes that may be the underlying cause of a patient's current health challenge. The misaligned spine may interfere with the brainstem and spinal cord, leading to dysfunctional or ineffective nervous system signaling.
What Conditions Benefit from Upper Cervical Chiropractic Techniques?
The following conditions may be related to a spinal misalignment causing damage to your nervous system:
- Back pain: The upper neck controls neurological centers for your postural muscles and pelvic balance. Back pain is a general symptom that can include conditions like a herniated disc, fibromyalgia, a pinched nerve, sciatica and spinal stenosis.
- Cervical headaches: These headaches originate from the neck, usually triggered by a concussion or other trauma to the head or neck. They can begin immediately following the trauma or develop over the years.
- Neck pain: Like back pain, neck pain is a general symptom caused by various factors. These can include muscle strains, nerve compression, osteoporosis, arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Trigeminal neuralgia: This condition is characterized by a feeling of electrical or stabbing discomfort in the jaw, cheek and eye. Trigeminal neuralgia stems from a nerve in the upper cervical spinal cord.
- Vertigo: This uneasy spinning sensation isn't a disease but a symptom of several conditions, including Meniere's disease and inner ear problems.
Contact Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Monmouth for Relief
Don't let back and neck pain define your life. Take control of your health and contact Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Monmouth today.
New Patient Forms
Reviewed by Dr. Larry Arbeitman
Prior to founding Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Monmouth, LLC in 2005, Dr. Arbeitman graduated Magna Cum Laude, second in his class, from Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis, Missouri. He obtained his first Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiological Sciences from the University of Maryland at College Park and a second Bachelor of Science degree from Logan College.
The doctor is licensed in the state of New Jersey and has met the requirements by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Throughout his educational career, he was a multiple scholarship recipient and accumulated several awards for academic achievement and exemplary clinical performance.