Did you know that apart from causing you pain each month, migraines can also impact your finances? This happens because migraine symptoms, like headaches and nausea, often go hand in hand with reduced efficiency and impaired ability to do any task.
Sadly, this is a painful reality for millions of Americans. As a Monmouth chiropractor for migraines, our office worked with countless patients struggling with mild to severe attacks every month.
Some of them are seniors aged 60s and above. We also have younger patients in their 20s to 50s, as well as school-aged kids and teenagers. Because it’s a widespread problem, it leaves a significant impact on the country’s economy.
Migraine and Financial Problems: Essential Facts and Stats
- Migraines rank 6th in the list of most debilitating health conditions.
- The country loses about $36 billion each year due to migraine-related healthcare costs and productivity loss.
- As of 2020, the US has 700 headache specialists and roughly 39 million migraineurs.
- Migraines cause about 174 million workday losses in the USA.
- The total number of US migraineurs spend up to $1 billion on brain scans alone.
- Besides inflicting physical pain, migraines also impact a person’s well-being.
- Back in 2017, the NIH or National Institutes of Health spent about 50 cents per migraine sufferer.
- According to a 2018 report, employees with migraines took an additional 2.2 days for sick leave.
- Patients diagnosed with chronic migraines are 3.64 times more likely to report disability than those with episodic migraines.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraines and other headaches download our complimentary e-book Natural and Drug-Free Ways to End Your Migraines below.
Migraine and Its Associated Costs
You may be wondering, how can migraine attacks impact your finances? What are the specific costs involved, and how can you avoid them? Moreover, are remedies like seeing a Monmouth chiropractor for migraine worth it?
Let’s take a deeper dive into the possible sources of out-pocket expenses you might incur when you have frequent and chronic migraine episodes.
- MRI scans for diagnosis (after insurance)
- Emergency room visits
- Food supplements to combat your symptoms
- Therapy procedures (acupuncture, upper cervical chiropractic care, etc.)
- Specialized diet to avoid sodium, preservatives, and added sugars
- Botox procedure (commonly used to block transmission of pain signals)
- Home remedies (aromatherapy, nasal sprays, etc.)
- Specialized tools or gadgets (acupuncture mats, massage balls, eye masks, and neck massager)
- Medications (NSAIDs, triptans, neuroleptics, etc.)
How to Deal with Financial Impacts of Migraine Episodes
Thousands of patients visit a Monmouth chiropractor for migraines to dodge episodes each month. Unfortunately, the majority of these folks experience varying severity of migraine attacks. Often, those with chronic conditions find it challenging to go to work. Others struggle to concentrate, look at the computer screen, walk around for long hours, and more.
When the attacks happen regularly, they could jeopardize your current employment or business. In addition, it can lead you to skip going to work in hopes of experiencing relief while you rest at home. The worse part is that you might end up spending thousands of dollars on migraine relief options each year to enjoy a semblance of a normal life.
If you wish to lessen the financial impacts of your migraine attacks, we recommend trying the following trips:
Avoid exposure to known migraine triggers.
Please keep track of your episode triggers and avoid them at all costs. Some of the common examples include alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, stress, and excessive sensory stimulation.
Don’t let your symptoms get worse.
While it’s rare for migraine episodes to progress over the years, timely resolution or intervention can help you minimize the impact of its symptoms. If you notice increased attacks each month, we suggest consulting with a general practitioner or neurologist.
Be proactive when dealing with an impending migraine attack.
Once you notice the first few signs of an episode, like having sudden food cravings, seeing auras, and having the urgent need to pee, we suggest staying away from your usual migraine triggers. Also, retreat to a quiet space and wait for the worse to pass.
Find a cost-effective approach to resolving your symptoms.
Migraine symptoms might keep recurring if you don’t find a better way to alleviate them. Finding a practical and scientifically proven method may help you take better control of your situation.
A Monmouth Chiropractor For Migraine Can Help!
Indeed, migraines can put you in a bad position at work and affect your overall finances due to medical costs. Thankfully, you now have natural and effective relief options like working out your condition with a Monmouth chiropractor for migraines.
Upper cervical care has a stellar reputation in providing lasting relief for patients struggling with chronic migraines. Several case studies attest to the procedure’s efficacy in reducing the frequency and severity of various migraine symptoms. Below are some notable case studies you can check out:
- A 53-year-old woman with chronic migraine symptoms for 12 years sought the help of an upper cervical care doctor. After receiving adjustments, she noticed a lesser occurrence of her neck pain, migraines, and auras.
- For seven years, a 12-year-old patient experienced recurring migraines, neck pain, and dizziness. He struggled to stay in school because of his frequent attacks. After seeking upper cervical care adjustments, he reported lesser neck pain and headaches. He has also improved his school attendance rate from 223 half-days absent to 56 half-days.
- 23-year old figure skater suffered from a concussion and later observed persistent migraine headaches. Hoping to alleviate her pain, she turned to upper cervical care and received adjustments for three months. After completing the procedure, she has successfully eliminated her symptoms.
Schedule a consult with Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Monmouth today! You may reach us using our contact page or helpline at 732-617-9355.
To schedule a consultation with the Upper Cervical Chiropractic of Monmouth clinic, call 732-617-9355 or just click the button below.
If you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.